CaptionCall is a revolutionary telephone system for anyone who has trouble hearing. It can help those with hearing loss stay connected and communicate confidently with friends, family and even business associates.
CaptionCall is the most recommended captioned telephone solution by hearing health professionals and is the national leader in captioned telephone services. Created by Sorenson Communications, this system has been helping people with hearing loss lead happier and healthier lives for years.
How does CaptionCall work?
CaptionCall works just like a traditional telephone with the addition of the closed captions that are available on your television. Through advanced technology and a communication assistant, everything that the person on the other end of the line says is displayed on a large screen. In addition to exceptional sound quality, the audio and frequency settings can be customized to work with your individual degree of hearing loss.
Delivery and installation of the CaptionCall telephone is free and completed by a trained professional. They will explain how CaptionCall works and answer any questions you may have. The captioning service is also free, thanks to a fund from the Federal Communication Commission.
What does a CaptionCall phone do?
A CaptionCall phone includes the following features:
- Large Text. The size of the text is adjustable to ensure every word is easy to read.
- Location Flexibility. The phone must be connected to the internet through a wired or wireless connection.
- Touch Screen. Calls can easily be made and answered through use of a large touch screen.
- Saved Conversations. A popular option with this device is to save conversations for later review.
- Customizable Audio. The ringer and handset volume can be changed to fit your hearing needs. The frequency and amplification can also be adjusted.
- Saved Volume Setting. You only need to program your audio settings once; afterwards, all calls will follow your desired format.
- Telecoil Loop Connection. Wirelessly connect the CaptionCall phone with your t-coil enabled hearing aid.
- Visual Ringer. The screen can be set to flash when a call is coming in.
- Automatic Updates. When a new update is available the phone will download it automatically with just an internet connection.
Why use CaptionCall?
Hearing loss affects nearly 48 million Americans. Untreated hearing loss can lead to social isolation, depression, anxiety and a number of other conditions. A CaptionCall telephone is a simple no-cost way to ensure you are able to keep in touch with the outside world. It can help you stay in contact with loved one, make plans for outings and group activities and help you stay on top at work.
To get started, contact Wyoming Hearing Clinic to schedule an appointment.